Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bak Choi

April 18, 2012


I really love Bak Choi and I can eat it for the whole week non-stop. That's how much I love it. One day, I was curious if Bak Choi can grow easily and discussed the topic with my roommates. So we decided to keep the bottom part of the vegetable and place it in the soil. 

AND IT WORKS! 
You don't need any fertilizer to stimulate its growth as it can grow easily if you put the Bak Choi under sunlight and give enough water. 













So when do you take this Bak Choi away and eat it?
My roommate gave me false information that we should wait till Bak Choi to grow flowers, but DON'T WAIT TILL THE FLOWERS BLOOM. When I wait the flowers to grow in Bak Choi, the plant dies and the leaves are not eatable :(
So I recommend you to eat it before the flowers bloom.

Jane C. 
B.S. Environmental Science | Class of 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment